Down-home Crab Cakes
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total time: 2 Hour 25 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 2 cans (6 ounce each) Crabmeat, Well Drained, Flaked
- 1 cup Seasoned Dry Bread Crumbs, Divided
- 1/3 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 2 tablespoons KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Green Onion Slices
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter Or Margarine
MIX crabmeat, 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs, the mayo, egg, barbecue sauce and onion until well blended; cover. Refrigerate 2 hours.
SHAPE crabmeat mixture into 8 patties; coat with remaining 3/4 cup bread crumbs. Spray each patty on both sides with cooking spray.
MELT butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add patties; cook 4 to 5 min. on each side or until firm and golden brown on both sides.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, substituting KRAFT Mayo Real Mayonnaise for the MIRACLE WHIP Dressing.
Keeping It Safe
Canned crabmeat may contain tiny pieces of shell, so use your fingers to pick over the crabmeat before adding to a recipe.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS