Holiday Gift Cake
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 16
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 1 Package (8 Ounces) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter Or Margarine, Softened
- 1-1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 2-1/4 cups Sifted Cake Flour, Divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons CALUMET Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Chopped Maraschino Cherries, Well Drained
- 1/2 cup Chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 1-1/2 cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Milk
PREHEAT oven to 325?F. Grease 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan; sprinkle with 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans.
BEAT cream cheese, butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition; set aside. Sift 2 cups of the flour with the baking powder. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture, beating well after each addition. Toss remaining 1/4 cup flour with the cherries and 1/2 cup chopped pecans; gently stir into batter. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Loosen cake from side of pan with spatula or knife; gently remove cake from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Mix powdered sugar and milk; drizzle over cake.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size-Wise At 16 servings, this cake can serve a crowd at an annual get-together. It also doubles as a perfect holiday or hostess gift.
Substitute Substitute 2 cups all-purpose flour for the cake flour.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS